Please stop taking all Aspirin, Herbal Supplements, Vitamin E, and DIET PILLS 2 weeks prior to surgery. FAILURE TO STOP TAKING THESE WILL RESULT IN YOUR SURGERY BEING CANCELED. Please ask your physician when you may resume any medications after surgery and ask for further instructions if you take large doses of Vitamins.
– Below are some commonly listed Aspirin-containing medications to avoid 2 weeks prior to surgery
- Aspirin Sup.
– Below are some commonly listed Ibuprofen-containing medications to avoid 2 weeks prior to surgery
AVOID HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS (a multi-vitamin is okay)
– Below are some commonly listed herbal supplements to avoid 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Dong quai
- Fish Oil
- Flax Seed
- St. John’s wort
- Valerian root
- Vitamin E
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, herbal supplements and diet pills 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Do Not Eat or Drink ANYTHING after Midnight, the day of your surgery. This includes water, candy and gum.
- Exception: It is okay to take heart, blood pressure, and seizure medications on the morning of surgery with a small sip of water.
- You will not be allowed to drive after surgery. Please make arrangements for an adult to take you home and stay overnight with you.
- Do not wear makeup, hairspray, lotion, or jewelry on the day of surgery. Arrive as sterile as possible. Those that work in the health industry may want to take a shower the morning of surgery with Hibiclens skin cleanser.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to change in-and-out of. If you wear contact lenses, please bring your glasses and contact case with you. Please remove any body piercings.
- Because of urgent cases, there may be a delay in the start of your surgery or, your start time could be earlier than expected if last minute cancellations occur. Please remain flexible with time on the day of surgery.
- If you develop a cold, sore throat, fever or any other illness prior to your procedure date, notify your surgeon immediately.