Please stop taking all Aspirin, Herbal Supplements, Vitamin E, and DIET PILLS 2 weeks prior to surgery. FAILURE TO STOP TAKING THESE WILL RESULT IN YOUR SURGERY BEING CANCELED. Please ask your physician when you may resume any medications after surgery and ask for further instructions if you take large doses of Vitamins.
-Below are some commonly listed Aspirin-containing medications to avoid 2 weeks prior to surgery
-Below are some commonly listed Ibuprofen-containing medications to avoid 2 weeks prior to surger
AVOID HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS (a multi-vitamin is okay)
-Below are some commonly listed herbal supplements to avoid 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Dong quai
- Fish Oil
- Flax Seed
- Ginger Ginseng
- Licorice St.
- John’s wort
- Valerian root
- Vitamin E
- Willow Bark
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Silver Springs Surgery Center will contact you with your arrival time on Thu or Fri the week prior to surgery. If you have not received a call by then, please contact them at 573-332-1300.
- Please notify them if you are diabetic and if you become concerned with low sugar levels.
- You will not be allowed to drive after surgery. Please make arrangements for an adult to take you home and stay overnight with you.
- Do Not Eat or Drink ANYTHING after Midnight, the evening prior to surgery. This includes water, candy and gum.
- Exception: It is okay to take heart, blood pressure, thyroid and seizure medications on the morning of surgery with a small sip of water.
- On the day of surgery:
- Bring a photo ID, insurance cards, and an updated list of all of your medications/vitamins
- No makeup, hairspray, lotion, or jewelry (including body piercings). Arrive as sterile as possible. Those that work in the health industry may want to take a shower the morning of surgery with Hibiclens skin cleanser.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to change in-and-out of. If you wear contact lenses, please bring your glasses and contact case with you.
- Because of urgent cases, there may be a delay in the start of your surgery or, your start time could be earlier than expected if last minute cancellations occur. Please remain flexible with time on the day of surgery.
- If you develop a cold, sore throat, fever or any other illness prior to your procedure date, notify
your surgeon immediately.