Nerve Disorders in Cape Girardeau, MO
Nerve disorders don’t have to stop you from doing the things you love when you seek treatment from Heartland Plastic & Hand Surgery in Cape Girardeau, serving the patients of Jackson, Sikeston, and the surrounding towns in Missouri.
What Are Nerve Disorders?
Nerve disorders are any condition that affects the function or feeling of nerves in the hand, fingers or wrist. Some common nerve disorders include the following:
- Pinched nerves, which happens whenever one of the nerves becomes compressed or “pinched” together
- Diabetic neuropathy, a condition that results in decreased nerve function due to fluctuating blood glucose levels
- Radial nerve dysfunction resulting from damage to the radial nerve that travels down the arm and to the wrist
- Ulnar nerve palsy, which involves damage to the ulnar nerve and leads to tingling, burning, and hand weakness
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
What Causes Nerve Disorders?
Several things can cause nerve disorders, including disease, trauma, and repetitive use. Certain nerve disorders are hereditary, making it more likely you will encounter them if you also have an older relative who has experienced them.
What Are the Symptoms of Nerve Disorders?
If you are experiencing a nerve disorder of the hands or wrist, you may notice one or more of the following symptoms:
- Numbness or tingling in the hands, wrist, elbow, forearm, or fingers
- Decreased range of motion
- Pain that intensifies whenever you pick something up or perform certain movements
- Hand weakness or an inability to grip
How Is Nerve Disorder Surgery Performed?
That will depend on the exact condition from which you are suffering. More information will be provided during your consultation.
Is Nerve Disorder Surgery Right for Me?
If you have extreme nerve damage that has resulted in limited use of your hands or fingers, surgery to correct the problem could be needed if you are to regain normal function.
How Much Is Surgery For Nerve Disorders?
Although these procedures are usually covered by insurance, for self-pay patients, we will discuss payment options during your consultation. These may include one or more of the following:
- Personal check
- Major credit card such as Discover, American Express, Visa, or MasterCard
- Financing through CareCredit®.
Why Choose Heartland Plastic & Hand Surgery?
Nerve disorders affecting the hands can be complex and require treatment by knowledgeable physicians. Our doctors have years of experience treating hand disorders and have been trained in surgical techniques by some of the leading physicians in the industry. You can take comfort knowing you are in capable hands when you visit our clinic.
Isn’t it time you sought treatment for your hand or wrist disorder? If you are experiencing any of the common symptoms of nerve disorders and need nerve disorder surgery, please contact our Cape Girardeau, Missouri office now to schedule an appointment.