Everything You Need to Know Before Your Neck Lift
Neck Lift Enhance Your Appearance?
A neck lift usually alters the appearance of the jawline and your neck profile. This procedure is meant to restore the youthful and slim contours of the neck by treating the following issues:
• Sagging or loose neck skin
• Double chin
• Excess fat on the lower face
• Excess wrinkles on the skin
The ideal candidate should meet the following criterion:
• Are nonsmokers
• Are in good health
• Have expectations that are realistic
• Have no medical conditions that can impair or slow the healing process
Similar to other cosmetic surgeries, patients need to have an in-depth understanding of each procedure. When a patient has realistic expectations and a positive outlook, there is a high likelihood they’ll be satisfied with the outcome of the procedure.
To begin, your surgeon will administer anesthesia so you will be asleep during the procedure. During the neck lift, the surgeon will make an incision that will follow the contour from the top of the ear all the way toward the lower hairline on both sides of your face. From there, the following improvements will be made:
• Excess fat is removed, and it can be redistributed to create contours that are more pleasing.
• Tissues present beneath the skin are tightened or repositioned.
• Skin is positioned and redraped over the new contours. Excess skin is trimmed away.
• If the double chin is being corrected, the surgeon will make a small incision to get rid of the excess fat and tighten the area.
You will be given specific instructions that you should follow after being discharged. You need to follow the instructions closely if you want to see desirable results and recover fast.
During recovery, ensure you keep your head elevated, and you should avoid moving your neck a lot to ensure the stitches remain intact.
Residual swelling and bruising can last for many weeks. However, as you heal, you’ll notice the contours of the jawline and neck will improve.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
To attain the desired results, you need to look for a board-certified plastic surgeon. Fortunately, at Heartland Plastic and Hand Surgery, Dr. Humphrey is board-certified, and clients who have undergone a neck lift at our practice are highly satisfied. To learn more, please contact our office today to schedule a consultation.Back to Blog home