How to Customize your Mommy Makeover with Different Surgical and Non-Surgical Procedures
Many women notice changes in their bodies post-pregnancy. A “mommy makeover” is a familiar term for a personalized set of cosmetic procedures designed to help a woman address common effects of childbearing, primarily restoring the breasts and body to their pre-pregnancy appearance. Mommy makeovers can include cosmetic surgery, non-surgical treatments, or a combination of both.
When it comes to undergoing a mommy makeover, it is recommended that women be done with childbearing in order to have long-lasting results. If they do plan on becoming pregnant again in the future, non-surgical body contouring and skin treatments can be a cost-effective option. There are also lifting restrictions for the first few weeks after surgery, so it is important to be prepared for help with childcare during this time. Women of all ages can benefit from a mommy makeover, which can help to greatly improve self-confidence!
The breasts and the abdomen are the areas that experience the most change during pregnancy and breastfeeding, however, other areas of the body can be affected as well. Your mommy makeover procedure at Heartland Plastic can often include the following surgical procedures:
- Breast Augmentation– Can help to restore fullness and lost volume to the breasts.
- Breast Lift– Lifts sagging or drooping breasts to a perkier, more youthful position for an improved shape.
- Breast Reduction– Can reduce the size of breasts that are too large for a more proportionate body silhouette.
- Tummy Tuck– Eliminates excess belly skin and tightens weakened or separated abdominal muscles for a flatter tummy.
- Liposuction– Is used to eliminate excess fat pockets almost anywhere on the body. Liposuction often combined with other procedures to help further improve results.
- Labiaplasty– Corrects sagging, overly large or misshapen labia that can cause discomfort or interfere with a woman’s confidence.
There is also a selection of non-surgical procedures that can be added to the mommy makeover including:
- PicoGenesis– Can treat pigmentation issues and revitalize the skin for a brighter, more even complexion.
- CoolSculpting– Employs controlled cooling technology to freeze and eliminate stubborn fat cells in many areas of the body including the tummy, thighs, back, arms, and even chin without surgery or downtime.
- Injectables– At Heartland Plastic Surgery, we offer a number of injectables including Botox, Juvederm products, and Kybella to help improve your overall appearance and combat signs of aging.
As you can see, there are many options to choose from when it comes to a mommy makeover to create the body you desire. If you are interested in learning more about the mommy makeover procedure in the Cape Girardeau, MO area, contact us today at 888-515-2847 to schedule a consultation.Back to Blog home